Haemophilus influenzaeCompiled at EMBL-HD, April 1996.
Haemophilus influenza is a Gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic bacterium with requirement for exogenous heme for aerobic growth. It causes several human infections (meningitis, sepsis, epiglottitis, pneumonia, inner ear infections).
The non-pathogenic strain Rds genome has been sequenced (it is different from pathogenic strains in the absence of genes for fimbrial proteins; these proteins mediate bacterial adherence to human cells). This bacillus has increased antibiotic resistance.
Genome length: 1.83 Mb
Fleischmann et al. (1995). Science 269:496-512. '
This analysis covers the 1680 open reading frames provided by the WWW TIGR server.
The August 1995 RESULTS were reported in a brief note in the journal Nature (1995).
Functional information clockHow much is known about the proteins encoded in this genome? Click on the clock to see the tabulated numbers.
The clock is organized in terms of increasing information content (clockwise, starting from 12 o'clock). Key:
Note, the term "protein sequence" includes both expressed proteins and those amino acid sequences inferred from predicted open reading frames (ORFs).
- 3D - protein sequence has a 3D model built by homology, or a known 3D structure.
- clear_function - protein sequence has functional annotation derived from probable homologues.
- tentative_function - protein sequence has functional annotation derived from tentative homologues.
- homologue - protein sequence has probable homologues of unknown function.
- no_homologue - protein sequence has no probable homologues.
Select analysis subsets:
- by protein identifier
- - specify a particular protein or ORF, e.g., HI0135.
- by functional class
- - specify one of several functional classes, e.g., transport.
- by reliability
- - specify the reliability of functional assignment, e.g., clear, tentative.
- by search string
- - specify a search string, e.g., carrier.
- having 3D structure
- - select all proteins with a probable homologue of known 3D structure.
- with homologue but neither clear nor tentative function
- - view proteins which have homologues, but no functional assignment.
- with no homologue
- - view proteins for which no homologue was found.
- putative new findings
- - view previously unreported functional assignments.
- all ORFs
- - load table of results in sequence order.
- by fragment
- - select ORFs containing a sequence fragment.