Academic User Agreement
In order to download the full version of JSOTA you have to agree to the following conditions. Please, read it carefully.
- DISCLAIMER: Users of JSOTA accept this disclaimer of warranty: "JSOTA is supplied as is. ALMA Bioinformatics, SL disclaims all warranties whatsoever, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of JSOTA."
- DISTRIBUTION: You will only use JSOTA for the purposes of your own research. In particular JSOTA will not be used in part or in full to provide services to third parties without the expressed written permission of ALMA Bioinformatics SL. You will not distribute or sell JSOTA in part or in full to third parties. You will not distribute JSOTA as part of other products without the expressed written permission of ALMA Bioinformatics SL.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: This program is owned by ALMA Bioinformatics, SL and is protected by Spanish and international copyright laws. VIOLATION OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS A SERIOUS OFFENSE PUNISHABLE BY THE SPANISH GOVERNMENT.
- NO DISASSEMBLY OR DECRYPTION: You will not disassemble, decompile or decrypt the software for any purpose without the expressed written permission of ALMA Bioinformatics SL.
- COMMERCIAL USE: You agree not to use JSOTA for any commercial purpose. If you wish to consider any commercial application of JSOTA, please contact us at
- PUBLICATIONS: If you use results produced by this software in your publications, you agree to cite our web page: http://almabioinfo.com/products_software_sota.html. as well as the bioinformatics paper describing the SOTA algorithm: 2001, J. Herrero, A. Valencia and J. Dopazo, Bioinformatics, 17, 2, 126-136
- USER IDENTIFICATION: By accepting these terms you agree that ALMA Bioinformatics SL may publicise your and your institution's use of JSOTA. You also accept ALMA Bioinformatics SL may use the name of your institution and/or its logo in advertising material.
ALMA Bioinformatics SL may request at its discretion the identification of all users of JSOTA.
By clicking on the 'accept' button below, you agree to be bound by these terms. Following this, you will then be asked to register and shortly afterwards will receive by e-mail a login name and password for downloading JSOTA from our servers.